Monday, February 1, 2010

Clothes Just Don't Look The Same

During this stage of pregnancy I am fortunate to still be able to wear some of my pre-prego wardrobe. However, it is still a shock to see how these clothes appear on this new body of mine. You get use to how certain clothes look & fit on your body and for me it has been shocking to notice this physical transformation through the fit of my clothes.


Mid- June 2009 during family cruise
Frontal- 19 wks

Side View- 19 wks

Standard Pregnancy Photo- 19 wks

Slowly loosing my naval.
During the past week I began aware that my naval was becoming more shallow. I imagine soon I will no longer have an "inny" and my scar, as a result of creating an "inny" from a very prominent "outie", will be very visible.
Also this week the linea nigra, a dark line that appears during pregnancy due to hormones emitting from the pubic bone to the naval, appeared in a very faint state. I had always noticed it on pregnant bellies, but never knew when or why it appeared on the swollen female form. It's really amazing the changes a body goes through when creating another life. Some are suttle while others more obvious.

No comments: