Sunday, February 14, 2010

Spaghetti Squash

There is this interesting application I have for my iPhone, called "What to Expect" from the creatures of What to Expect When You are Expecting, that provides great factoids for both mom & baby, countdowns, gestational age and even "The baby is as big as a:". Week 21 Miss Bumpkin is as big as a spaghetti squash (8 in, 1 lb.) or so says What to Expect. How strange to compare ones size to food items. Imagine if as adults we continued this trend. How many bananas tall would you be?
Front View- 21 wks
Side View- 21 wks
Bare Belly Side View- 21 wks
Standard Pregnancy Pose- 21 wks
Bare Belly Squeeze - 21 wks

Other news from this past weeks doctors visit. I found out that I am part of a lucky 10% of women who's complexion suffers due to pregnancy. I hope that going through this now will keep Miss Bumpkin from dealing with acne during her teenage years. I will be happy to take one for the team if this is the case. :) I also inquired about things I could be doing to improve my sleep since after getting up multiple times during the course of a night I would just lie there awake horribly tired but unable to sleep. The solution: Benadryl. I have taken it for a few nights with drastic improvements! I am still getting up at least once a night, but I am able to fall back asleep thus allowing me to get up earlier and feel more refreshed. I figure that I need as much sleep/rest as possible now before the 3rd trimester and Miss Bumpkins birth.

No comments: