Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's a .......



GIRL!!
Against the Oderman odds we are having a daughter - and I will never hear the end of how Evan was right! Since we found out we were pregnant I had this feeling it was a boy, while Evan kept saying it was a girl. Thank goodness my girlfriend Julie reminded me that there was indeed a 50/50 chance and I could quite possibly have a girl otherwise I wouldn't have been prepared for that possibility! A girl. Hopefully we won't be overrun by pink, although I bet its unavoidable. :) Miss Bumpkin will be the 4th generation of crazy Cole women and will join my niece, Jadelyn, in becoming a 2nd generation Bushwacker! Oh and I can't forget that my mom will actually know what to do with the little Miss! Upon hearing that we were pregnant my mom had exclaimed that it had to be a girl for she didn't know what to do with boys! hahaha!



Miss Bumpkin's profile
Giving the finger- just not the one we would expect...oh innocence!

Looking at her face.

Her profile with arm.

Talk about a squirmer this little one was a kicking and rolling about. The ultrasound technician had her work cut out for her as she patiently worked to get the images she needed to get measurements from. No wonder I am having a hard time sleeping Miss Bumpkin parties while I'm trying to catch some zzz's. Everything is looking wonderful and measuring right on track. The computer actually estimated the gestational date based on the measurements and it was right on even down to the day! It was so great to see her again after so long. She has grown leaps and bounds. So now comes the hard part of keeping the name to ourselves to be announced at her birth!

4 comments:

shannon said...

Congrats, guys!

You know, Shannon is a bitchin' name for a girl. Just saying.

Or, if you want something a bit more unusual, the verification word on this page is "fryla" which would also be a nice name. ;o)

Evan & Kate Oderman said...

Thanks Shannon! We are so excited and glad to finally know. It's nice to know who's keeping you up at all hours of the night kicking and carrying on. I should have known it was a girl! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Yay! I am going to have a niece...we are so excited for you both! From experience I will say having a little girl is the most amazing thing ever! And Kate pink is going to be unavoidable, but I will try to help out her little wardrobe with a variety of colors! Love you guys