Sunday, February 14, 2010

Rainy Saturday Greatness

A lazy rainy Saturday made sleeping in easier after staying up past our bedtimes watching the opening ceremony of the Olympics over at Steve & DelRae's. After finding out that that Bumpkin was indeed a little girl I have been wanting to finish up our registries. Maybe a little too early, but its nice to have it "checked" off the list of things that are needing to get done- including our wedding announcements/Dave the Date for the our Celebration Party on September 18th. They have arrived and now I am in the midst of rounding up addresses. Evan & I had talked over how to tackle the sometimes overwhelming task of figuring out what we need for the baby and creating this registry.

Since Evan isn't a fan of spending hours in stores (more so that even myself) we thought it would be best to do it in sections. Wednesday we knocked out Target. Yesterday we started at a local toy store called Wind It Up Toys after first preparing Evan with a coffee from Starbucks! Then walked over to my favorite store in Olympia Compass Rose- that is one store I could live in! We created out "list" at Wind It Up and found out about Compass Roses' registry process before heading to a baby consignment shop called Little Sweet Pea. Surprisingly Evan really liked the store and within minutes found a sleeper that he wanted and just had to have. :) Melted my heart on the spot. After a few more great finds we headed over to Toys R Us, the store we both were dreading. Taking the store in small pieces, aisle by aisle we managed not to get overwhelmed, thoroughly enjoyed the experience and knocked it out!

To get that manly feeling back we drove through all the car lots on the west end! :) Upon returning home we had a quick snack before taking Wayne for a walk, which included the Hill of Doom as I refer to it in my head. :) Then is was time for our rescheduled date night at Tugboat Annies! mmmm...tasty Salmon burger while Evan enjoyed their chicken salad and a couple of beers. Topping off the night we got a text from Kyle & Emily who were in town having dinner & drinks at Fish Tale. After our dinner we ventured over to catch up with them for a couple of drinks- water for me. They then came over to our place to finally met Wayne dog and see our wedding photos. A play date is in the works for Wayne and their golden Retriever Tessa who is about 5 months old. It was such a wonderful day with my husband. I love days like these where we aren't doing anything special, but are just together.

Cutie Shoes Yes a PINK dress. This one was for DelRae.

Summertime dress that made me think of my mom.

Evan's find!
Love, love, love these booty socks!

Schottmiller Red!
I know clothes are probably the last thing we need to be buying right now since the grands are so looking forward to picking things out and not to mention all the little girls we know, but we couldn't help getting a few items that mark that we are having a GIRL!

No comments: