Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ready or not here I come!

Well, the time sure has flown. It's already the beginning of March and my friend Kayce is getting married! Fortunately I am able to fly back to the land of corn to witness her & Matt joining their lives! I am so very excited to be part of this very special day in their lives and reunite with the Bushwacker gang. It has been a little over 2 years since my last trip back "home" and many more years since spending some "face" time with some of my ladies. To say the least this reunion is well overdue.

So my bags are packed and I am mentally braced for a very long day of travel that is ahead of me. This part has been the hardest to come to terms with. Starting the journey at 3:50 am with the Capital Airporter picking me up at our house will come too soon. I have a short layover in Dallas before arriving in Louisville at 6:30 pm. I am hoping to be in Madison by 8 pm and in bed shortly after!! :) Snacks are packed and I will pick up more at the airport. My goal is not to get completely exhausted by the day so that I can enjoy the weekend to the fullest without having to worry about exhaustion. The things that have changed in the past 6 months. One thing that I never thought I would feel is concern about traveling alone. I have been overwhelmed with worry about traveling solo. This coming from someone who has prided herself on independence. I blame it on hormones! :) I am going to miss Evan terribly. I wish he could join me in the return to the "motherland", but I understand with work and also the expense its not in the cards. Don't feel sorry for him though. Yes, I will be having probably too much fun for my own good with some old dear friends but he will be enjoying himself up in the mountains! That's right he and Wayne doggers are heading to the Hansen's cabin for a weekend of skiing, snow and meeting of new four-legged friends- overall a bunch of debauchery!

Photos and more updates to come Tuesday from the trip and our entry into the 6th month of pregnancy!

No comments: