Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Kayce Becomes Mrs. Goley!


The Happy Newlyweds

The Bushwackers Reunite

Matt marries into the BW family!

My adorable niece Jadelyn with her dinosaur flash light.

Love her to pieces!
Lunch date with Julie & Cheryl
Great visit with Howard & Julie!
What a wonderful whirlwind of a weekend! So the venture back to Madison, IN (formally known as home) started in the wee hours, 3 am to be exactly, on Thursday morning. By 3:50 am I was on my way to SeaTac thanks to Capital Shuttle so that I could make my 7:35 am flight without being rushed. Unfortunately, I was unable to find a direct flight even after searching three different airports (Louisville, Cincinnati, and Indianapolis). Deciding south was the best option for a layover I dropped down in Dallas for a quick layover before finally reaching Louisville. Equipped with a free upgrade, due to a very nice man at National rental car, I started my journey back home. Exhausted and excited to see my friends I accidentally drove 25 minutes south on I-65 instead of heading north. WOW had it really been that long since I'd driven to/from Louisville. Apparently so. A quick fix and I was headed in the right direction! By 9 pm I was at my Madison momma's house enjoying a chicken sandwich with my Trin-ta-lee! This evening started a series of great moments that would come.
Friday morning allowed for a somewhat lazy start before swinging in to visit with Jenni while she was a work before picking Trinady up from work for our lunch date at the Downtowner! After lunch I ran a couple of errands and made it back downtown to swing into some of my favorite shops to pick up some momentous for Miss Bumpkin. Then back to Madison momma's place to finally see Miss Jadelyn!! It had been 2 years and one month since my eyes last saw this sweet little girl! There she sat sitting at the table having finished eating yogurt. Still unaware that I was her crazy pseudo Auntie Kate I told her that a stowaway snuck into my suitcase to come live with her. She immediately wanted to see what/who was in my case. Reaching up she grabbed my hand as we made our way to the yellow room (Talish's old room) where I was staying. There wedged in amongst clothes was a little green dinosaur flashlight that roared as its mouth opens exposing a bright beacon of light. It scared her so much so she insisted that it go back in the suitcase and she closed the case shut. Happy it was out of sight. Crushed I thought...great I scared her. I am the Auntie that scared her. How am I going to manage becoming a mom if I scare my 2 year old niece. Later that night G-ma and Poppa Bear assisted me in taking this scary gift and making it into something fun. It became the game of the weekend- running around dinosaur in hand to find the person of choice she would turn the flashlight on illuminating the person who promptly screams acting scared, she giggles in delight and makes my heart melt. What a precious daughter my friend has raised.
Later that night (Friday) Trinady, Brooke, Matt, Shelly and I met up for dinner at the Key West Shrimp House where funny enough I was the only one that actually eats seafood and here we are eating at a seafood restaurant! We managed to close down the restaurant before heading over to the Broadway to meet up with the rest of the gang (the soon to be Mrs. - Kayce, Emily, & Jennifer). The night ended with Trin, Emily & I listening to the Rumors at The Lady, before heading to the police station to met Julie and then to Hinkles to satisfy some cravings for homefries and their amazing chocolate shake!
Saturday after catching some much needed zzz's Trinady & I met up with Shelly downtown at All Ways Pottery where I painted a monkey piggy bank for Miss Jadelyn while Trin painted a vase for her living room. After some creative time we headed back to the house to get ready for the wedding of yet another Bushwacker. It was a perfect day for Kayce & Matt with blue skies, warm temperatures and birds singing sweet songs. Kayce was gorgeous, stunning actually and Matt matched in how handsome he looked as he watched her walk towards him. The day was theirs and I am so thankful that their love brought us all together once again after too long apart. It was a beautiful ceremony and incredible reception that words can't begin to capture. The end is what matters, Kayce & Matt were married!
Sunday brought a day in the country where I visited with my half-sisters over a delicious lunch. We walked down memory lane and celebrated the upcoming arrival of Bumpkin with presents! It was so kind of them to think of our precious unborn daughter. That evening I enjoyed a family dinner with Trin's family and all the little ones. The joy those children bring the family.
Monday was a difficult day indeed. One of goodbyes and tears knowing that it could possibly be another 2 years before our next reunion- when we'll make the trip back out for my 10 year reunion. Hard to believe its been 8 years when it seems like time has stood still between the visits. We fall right back as if high school and those care free days when we saw each other daily were yesterday. I am truly blessed with amazing friends.

No comments: