Sunday, March 21, 2010

Miss Bumpkin the Cucumber

Side View- 26 wks
Thanks AJ & Tom for the new top!

Standard Prego Pose- 26 wks

Frontal Bare Belly- 26 wks


Bare Belly Squeeze- 26 wks
I thought my days involving basketballs were over, now my uterus is the size of one and it's still growing! Miss Bumpkin is still going through her very own growth spurts as well. Now the size of a cucumber she measures roughly 15 inches from her head to her toes and weighs around 2.2 lbs. Her growth is apparent to the two of us as her kicks have only strengthened over the past few weeks. A few weeks ago our doctor suggested that I take Benedryl to help with sleeping. The past week however things have changed once again. Between her late night antics that wake me up every night and runs to the bathroom I am not sleeping much. The Benedryl has been leaving me incredibly drowsy when I do wake up, so the past couple of nights I have stopped taking it and have seen a huge difference in how "foggy" I am at the start of my day.
Thanks to my girlfriend Julie I have added a new application to my iPhone that makes our daily kick count more convenient. She is definitely a night owl that likes the push back game. This involves her kicking, then I gently push back in the location that she kicked or punched. Usually she complies with her mommy's simple pleasures and kicks back. I am hoping in the coming week we will be able to find our flashlight to see if she will respond to the light by kicking. Some books and websites have suggested that this stage in the pregnancy that she is able to detect light and may respond to a flashlight pressed against my stomach.
We've had quite the 3 day weekend. Friday we managed a lazy morning before meeting up with Julz, Mike & Miss Holden at Priest Point Park for a short play date as they were just making a pit stop on their start to their California vacation! It was a gorgeous day that ended with a tasty date night at Ramblin' Jakes. Saturday was a jam packed day. It started with a girls date down at Great Wolf Lodge attending the Shop N Swap. DelRae, Alysha and her wonderful shopping buddy Lucas were amazing shopping companions as we wading through the conference center filled with things for baby! We all walked away with some great finds and fun times spent with each other. Upon our return to Olympia, DelRae made lunch since I was hitting the wall very fast! I later met up with Evan and Wayne pupper for a walk around the lake, a little people watching and a drive out to the west side. I was so tired I managed to sleep 1 1/2 hrs. once we got home. Quite the feat from someone that doesn't nap. I really needed those extra zzz's since I fell asleep with no problem that night! Evan was sweet and had dinner all ready for when I woke up. And well today was knocking out some shopping to find some work clothes for Evan and our traditional Sunday dinner at DelRae & Steve's. Another great weekend with amazing weather that reached 70 degrees F on Saturday!
4 days until the next doctor's appointment!




No comments: