Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mommasita's Birthday Weekend!

Friday finally arrived and so did mom! We managed to meet up with Evan during his lunch hour so we enjoyed a stroll around Capital Lake before heading over to the Lighthouse Bungalow- the house mom & the aunties are renting for our Celebration Party this September. Such a great place and location. I know mom was really excited about the space and I'm looking forward to having family all in one location. We returned back to the house so that I could show mom all of Miss Bumpkin's special things. Her wardrobe is expanding and the tote we are using right now to store her things is near full. We had so much fun! Once Evan was home we headed out for dinner where we met up with DelRae and Steve for an amazing dinner. Mom finally got to see their new house before digging into her birthday "cake"- peanut butter pie! On her actual birthday (Saturday) we headed for the coast! What an incredible day we had. Weather was perfect, sunshine, 62 degrees and miles of beach to walk and explore. Wayne ate probably 3 lbs of sand which surfaced the following day! We took our share of sand dollars as mementos along with LOTS of sea glass! Four hours later we started back to Aberdeen in search of food. We were wiped, including Wayne doggy who is not a easy one to tire. Here is a snippet of photos taken on mom's birthday excursion to Westport!


Birthday girl excited to get to the beach!

Oh boy! Wayne loves the beach & tennis balls!



My favorite mom.



Enjoying the beauty of the place & day.



Taking a break in the dunes.
Updates:
Had a doctors appointment on Thursday which left me ill the rest of the day. I had my glucose testing and almost became physically ill from the horrid "juice" they force you to drink in 5 minutes. For someone that has been sticking to water, milk and the occasional soda drinking 8 ounces of syrup was a bit much. It took me over 5 minutes to force it down. Which I think resulted in being slightly over the acceptable glucose reading. SO tomorrow I have to schedule another appointment. This time I have to fast for 12 hours, drink the horrid syrup again, and then stick around the doctors for 3 HOURS with multiple blood draws during that period. I am really upset about this. Hoping desperately that I can keep the "juice" down on an empty stomach and not crash like I did this past Thursday. It was not enjoyable. I've also got to figure out a plan on what I'm going to do for 3 hours if I'm not feeling well. I could use all the positive thoughts regarding making it though this appointment.
We have officially entered into the 3rd trimester! Miss Bumpkin at 27 weeks is approximately the size of a head of cauliflower- 16 inches and about 2.5 lbs!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had to do the "second round" glucose test too..and it wasn't much fun, but I have faith in you...YOU CAN DO IT! Take magaizines, your phone, and well happy thoughts! You're in my thoughts, and I just know it will turn out okay!