Sunday, May 22, 2011

Evan's First 8K & Makenna's Operation Grape Freedom :)

Dada with little M at the starting line.


And they're off!!! All smiles and still dry.

Shortly after this Makenna, Mom & I headed back to the car and attempted to quickly get ahead of Evan. Didn't think that was going to be so challenging. :) Not only does Evan run fast, but we hit EVERY single light through the downtown. We did manage to pass him at the far end of the lake and park about a mile out from the finish line.


Finishing strong :)

I barely made it to capture this special moment. Once again I didn't realize how fast Evan runs. I ended up running along side him while snapping photos. Was surprised I even captured this and its somewhat straight.


Great job Dada!!


Mmmm just like her Dada, Makenna loves her apples.


Our little monkey. :)

Eye on the prize.


Placing FIRST in his age division for the 8K!! I am pretty certain he was 5 or 6 overall. Sometime in the next week times and places should be posted online.


Flashing the blue.


Makenna was impressed with Dada's ribbon. And it tasted pretty good, too!

Great Job Ev!!! We are SOO proud of you!!




The other morning I was getting Makenna's breakfast together and I turned around to find Makenna b-lining it for the opened fridge. Instead of scooping her up and redirecting her focus I decided to grab the camera and just watch. Upon standing she came eye-to-eye with her new love- grapes. Immediately she started tapping at the drawer and making grunts.


I opened up the drawer to again see what she would do.





The taste of sweet sweet freedom. :) She was quite proud of her accomplishment and her mouthful of grapes! I think it's time to get a lock for the fridge.

No comments: