Sunday, April 18, 2010

And we're in the 30's...

Frontal View- 30 wks

Doesn't look like I have much of a belly.




Side View- 30 wks

Now that is a belly!




Standard Prego Pose- 30 wks

I am acquiring new curves with each passing day :)


At 7 1/2 months pregnant I am now truly feeling the change that comes with entering the 3rd trimester. The exhaustion has returned, making it difficult to avoid a mid-day siesta and some days I simply succumb to the pillow calling. The added weight is finally affecting my knees. Thank goodness for all those hours on the boat which has prepared me to bear this pain unmedicated. I know I can take something for the pain, but I know it would be needed daily and I'm not willing to have something other than supplements racing through my body daily. During the last visit to the doctors they had inquired about contractions, which I replied that I hadn't been experiencing any. It got me thinking. Braxton Hicks contractions I recall reading aren't always painful. They can just be the hardening of the stomach as the uterus contracts. So I've been paying attention and my conclusion is....maybe. That is something I will have to ask the doctor about at this Thursdays appointment. Also on the list is how much higher will my uterus grow. While volunteering at Cascadia yesterday I was sitting at the computer working away when I felt a heel (or some other appendage) intruding into the space right between my ribs! How much further up could she possibly extend? Being a little short on womb space is definitely affecting my respiratory system. I can feel the difference with my diaphragm and lungs, making me feel even more out of shape!
At 30 weeks Miss Bumpkin is a head of lettuce! She is about 18 inches from her head to her heals located in my ribs! She is also weighing roughly 3.2 lbs. It's hard to believe she will more than likely at least double her weight between now and June!

No comments: