Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Car Washing & Jet Ski Racing

"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood, won't you be mine?  Won't you be my neighbor?"

It was a beautiful March day that happened to fall on a weekend!  So we took to the outdoors.  Evan washed his car, while Makenna & I set off for an adventure- via jet ski.  Yes, jet ski.  And no Evan was not creating a new fresh body of water just for Makenna's enjoyment.  Her jet ski, a present from the Myers on her first birthday, has wheels & one killer radio.  :)

She has no mastered the "scooting" motion to our delight and her enjoyment.  We rather quickly made our way past our house and towards the start of the path behind our house.

We decided to take the jet ski down the rather steep hill.  I strategically placed myself in front of her a few feet in order to "catch" my racer before she picked up too much speed.  She wasn't wearing a helmet and in hindsight it rather resembled a lough.  A helmet might not have been a bad idea. 
Feet up.  Smile from ear to ear.  And moving FAST!  She loved it of course.
Soon it was back to Dada & the soapy puddles that he created in washing the car.
Makenna makes waves where ever she goes.

This was the weekend right after I had my wisdom teeth extracted.  Would not recommend to anyone if given the option to prolong that procedure.  It definitely doesn't get any easier with age.  Thankfully I didn't morph into more of a chipmunk than I already am.  Thankfully my fantastic in-laws took Miss Makenna for a couple of days & my husband took a couple of days off to get a jump start on the healing process.  I am officially 10 teeth short of the average person.  Yes 10.  When I was 12'ish I had oral surgery which removed 9 teeth, 8 being adult teeth & 1 baby tooth.  This was to make room in order to have a straight smile.  The curse of BIG teeth & a little mouth.  So I have now 2 fewer teeth and am back to eating with the remaining ones.  :)

No comments: