Monday, September 26, 2011

Labor Day Weekend Festivities

The long anticipated Labor Day weekend, aka my weekend of freedom celebrating 22 months of sharing my body with Miss Makenna! My good friend Jen, aka Carp, flew in from Denver for this very special occasion. Why Labor Day weekend you may ask? Well, ever Labor Day the Dave Matthews Band plays 3 nights at the Gorge Amphitheatre . This year was really special. It was Dave's 20th anniversary so to celebrate he only played 4 venues all summer and brought an outstanding caravan of other musicians to play from 1-11pm with DMB closing each night. It was amazing!
Hello, Dave Matthews!
First night (Fri) approx row 5. :)
B ham. = Bellingham
Love the representation!
Last night (Sun) on the rail...FRONT ROW!! Thanks to college friend Monica who got us hooked up!
Saturday's show we spent on the lawn in order to take in the amazing backdrop of the Columbia River gorge!
A great weekend away, but it was SO wonderful to get back home to this sweet face! I missed her and my hubby so very much. The weekend proved to be great for us all. It allowed Makenna & her Dada some real quality bonding time while I was enjoyed some quality me time. But, did I mention I missed that sweet little face that started saying "NO" all the time during the time I was gone?

No comments: