Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Northward Bound

Julz finally gets her hands on those pinchable cheeks! Our visits with our lovely friends are too few and far between. The time that lapses in between major changes occur with our girls. Distance is cruel.

Makenna quite taken with Holden and her beautiful locks. Holden was such a sweetie letting her pull and "eat" her hair, while exclaiming "she pulling my hair" and she "licking my hair"! Thank goodness it produces smiles and not tears!

Funny faces of Holden! She is becoming quite a lively little girl full of love, creativity, spunk and stories. Her vocabulary has exploded as well as her memory.

The lovely Miss Iona and her sweet momma. What a precious addition to the VQ family! So happy to have finally gotten my hands on her sweetness. Only problem was that I had to let her go. :(


The girls! Oh, the adventures these three will have together. :)
Makenna: 6 months - Holden: nearly 3 years - Iona: 2 months

At Gran's house Makenna had her first sink bath!

Our Stanley the Snail rocking chair is by far the BEST consignment find to date! Retails for $140 US in England and we only paid $15!! Gran will say that I was more
excited about it than Makenna.

The tongue is out. This has become our "norm".
After a great visit up north, I returned home wishing I had taken more photos of the trip. What I didn't document was the reunion with the Aggergaard family at their farm. How their kids have grown. As always it was great seeing them and the progress of their home which is under construction. How I managed not to take a single photo of Makenna and her Gran is beyond me. I guess I was too wrapped up in enjoying observing their interaction. Our Makenna sure does love her Gran. Such a fortunate child to have 3 loving grandparents that just adore her. Unfortunately, by the time it came for us to head home Makenna wasn't feeling so great. The sweet little one had her first episode of constipation. It was a long afternoon on Saturday upon our return home. She is slowly returning to "normal".

No comments: